The goal of the Arts Every Day Schools Program is to support arts education, arts integration, and access to arts experiences across all grade levels. We work in close partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools, Maryland State Department of Education, and a large network of museums, theaters, cultural institutions, and teaching artists.
Applications due April 16, 2018APPLY NOW
2018-19 Partner Schools will receive:
- Individualized planning and in-school professional development to support arts integrated instruction
- $6-$10 per student to support access to teaching artists and cultural institutions
- Free registration for 1 representative to attend Maryland Centers for Creative Classrooms (August 14-16, 2018)
- Opportunities for professional development throughout the school year hosted by a variety of artists, museums, and cultural organizations
- Opportunities for FREE field trips and arts experiences
School Applicant Requirements:
- Schools must have at minimum, a .5 certified arts teacher in one of the 4 art forms- visual art, music, theater, dance. Schools that do not have a certified arts teacher teaching art on staff are not eligible for partnership.
- Principals must demonstrate support for the arts and arts integration by signing the application letter of support, participating in an interview, and including narrative examples of how the arts are a priority.
- Arts Integration Coach: Each school must identify a teacher leader to serve as the Arts Integration Coach. This teacher will be expected to serve as the leader of arts integration implementation in your school, be the primary point of contact, manage documentation, planning, implementation, and an online account for scheduling arts experiences funded by Arts Every Day.